Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sign Of The Times In Hickman County, Tennessee


I was driving out Highway 7 near the East Hickman High School in Lyles, Tennessee earlier today when I noticed all of these election signs across from the school. I had to take a picture of them. I don't believe that I have ever seen as many election signs in one place as was there. Candidates did not have just one in the area, they had several; some of them were connected together. I guess when you are running for a $55,000 job you will do just about anything to attract attention.


I will be glad when this election is over, although I don't know how much will change. I believe that in most cases, people think that their vote does not make much of a difference. However, I remember several years ago, when the school superintendent election was decided by only four votes. That position paid about $80,000 and now is near $100,000. However, now only a few members of the school board hire the person for the position.
One thing I am not going to tell you is who to vote for. I hope you vote for the person that you think will do the best job. I have my opinions and I am sure that you have yours. I know that in a small county such as Hickman County, people tend to vote for who they know and not necessarily the person that will do the best job. But remember, when you enter that booth, no one but you knows who you mark that block for.

No comments:

Post a Comment