Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Look What I Found!


I was trying to clean out my basement the other day, but it seemed as though the more I moved stuff the messier it got. And, I wasted a lot of time looking at things that I had not looked at in several years. But, one thing that I came across was an autographed baseball card from Mike Smithson.

Most of you may know that Mike graduated from Hickman County High School and then played baseball for the University of Tennessee and went on to play baseball professionally with the Texas Rangers and the Minnesota Twins in the eighties. Mike is now the athletic director for the Hickman County High School. Several years ago, Mike was helping out at a charity event and signing baseball cards for a donation to the charity and I got him to sign this card.

I just thought I would share this story. You just never know what you may find when you look in my basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment